This conventional irons forcible entry workshop prepares students for the challenges of gaining access to residential and commercial structures.
How long is this course?
This is a 6-8 hour course.
What will students learn?
In this course students will learn:
- Design and mechanical advantage of halligan
- Tool selection and tool advantages/disadvantages
- Door size up
- Words of command
- Proper striking technique
- "Gap, Set, Force"
- 2 firefighter entry outward/inward swinging doors
- 1 firefighter entry outward/inward swinging doors
- Identification of drop bars and defeating carriage bolts
- Narrow hallway/confined space forcible entry
What qualification will students receive?
On successful completion of the course, every student will receive a certificate of completion from Prepare4.